Vea esta página en Español
Arcola's Community Links
The Parent Academy - Parent academy workshop gives parents the tools and strategies they need to help their children be successful in school. All worshops are FREE and are held at schools and locations throughout Montgomery County. Child care and intrepretation services are provided.
Click here for the Parent Academy Brochure scheulde of workshops and registration information.
TITLE 1 INFORMATION
In Montgomery County Public Schools, Title I is one of several grants supervised by the Division of Title I Programs (DTP). This division is a part of the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Program.
The Testing Unit implements a comprehensive program of student assessment including all parts of the state-mandated testing program.
For General County Assistance call 311. This shouls be your first step if you do not know where to turn for help. You will speak to a knowledgeable county resource specialist who will connect you with the right department or assign you a case number to address your concern.
Click here for a great website to try for general resource information.
- Manna Foods: Can be referred once a month for 50-70 pounds of food. Must be referred by school or other organization.
- Food Stamps: Operated by Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services.
Phone: 240-777-4450 or 4034
- WIC: Supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.
- SHARE food network: Monthly food co-op program.
Phone: 301-864-3115 or 800-217-4273
- Capital Area Food Bank: The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to feed those who suffer from hunger in the Washington metro area by acquiring food and distributing it through its network of partner agencies; and educating, empowering and enlightening the community about the issues of hunger and nutrition.
GAS AND ELECTRIC BILLS
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE TO ELIGIBLE RESIDENTS FACING CRISES
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES