The Board of Education met this evening [Monday, June 24] and approved the following appointments of eight principals:
* Eileen Lancellotti Dempsey, currently an assistant principal at John F. Kennedy High School, as principal of Shady Grove Middle School.
* Robert G. Domergue, currently principal of Robert Frost Middle School, as principal of Damascus High School.
* Sharron M. Hayes, currently principal of Burgin Elementary School in Arlington, Texas, as principal of Cloverly Elementary School.
* Anita A. Murphy, currently elementary principal intern at Washington Grove Elementary School, as principal of Cedar Grove Elementary School.
* Kathryn E. Schiavone, currently elementary principal intern at Somerset Elementary School, as principal of Fields Road Elementary School.
* Adrian B. Talley, currently principal of Hutchinson Elementary School in Pelham, New York, as principal of Rosemont Elementary School.
* Dr. Vera D. Torrence, formerly principal of Meadow Hall Elementary School and returning from academic leave, as principal of Jackson Road Elementary School.
* Ralph Viggiano, currently principal of Piney Ridge Elementary School in the Carroll County Public Schools, Westminster, Maryland, as principal of Rosemary Hills Elementary School.
In addition, the Board of Education also approved the following administrative appointments:
* Elizabeth R. Brown, currently high school instructional specialist, Office of Instruction and Program Development, as program supervisor, Secondary English/Language Arts, Office of Instruction and Program Development.
* Roy L. Higgins, currently a private consultant, as director, Division of Maintenance.
* Dr. James M. Walsh, currently coordinator of special education, Anne Arundel County Public Schools, as supervisor, Pre-K-12 Special Education Instruction, Office of Instruction and Program Development.