Educators, political leaders, family, friends, and community members will gather on Thursday afternoon, May 14, for the official rededication of JoAnn Leleck Elementary School at Broad Acres.
In September, the Montgomery County Board of Education renamed Broad Acres Elementary School in honor of Mrs. Leleck, who served as principal from 1999 to 2004. As principal, Mrs. Leleck—known to most as Jody—oversaw a remarkable turnaround at one of the most impacted schools in the district. Mrs. Leleck, who served as an educator for 26 years, died in 2012.
The Board of Education felt that renaming the school in Mrs. Leleck's honor was an appropriate recognition of her outstanding leadership and commitment to the Broad Acres community.
WHAT: Rededication of JoAnn Leleck Elementary School at Broad Acres in honor of its former principal.
WHEN: Thursday, May 14, 2015, at 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: JoAnn Leleck Elementary School at Broad Acres, 710 Beacon Road in Silver Spring
WHO: Among those expected to attend are:
- Mr. Larry Bowers, Interim Superintendent, Montgomery County Public Schools
- Mr. Craig Rice, Montgomery County Councilmember
- Ms. Nancy Navarro, Montgomery County Councilmember
- Members of the Leleck Family
- Mr. Peter Bray, Principal, JoAnn Leleck Elementary School at Broad Acres
- Friends and colleagues of Mrs. Leleck