The Board of Education this evening [Thursday, July 6] approved the following administrative appointments:
* Col. Zadok Magruder High School -- Dr. David I. Steinberg, currently principal, Gaithersburg Middle School, as principal.
* Walter Johnson High School -- Kevin M. Maxwell, currently principal, Northwestern High School, Prince George's County, as principal.
* E. Brooke Lee Middle School -- Lucille L. Ellis, currently assistant principal, Julius West Middle School, as principal.
* Piney Branch Elementary School -- Maria Medina, currently principal, Ridgecrest Elementary School, Prince George's County, as principal.
* Potomac Elementary School -- Lee Meiners, currently principal, Cresthaven Elementary School, as principal.
* Office of Global Access Technology -- John Q. Porter, currently interim director, as chief information officer.
* Innovative High School Programs and Academic Initiatives -- Erick J. Lang, currently assistant principal, James H. Blake High School, as director.
* Office of Student and Community Services -- Charla Levine, currently instructional specialist, Department of Staff Development, as coordinator, MC/MCPS Partnership.
* Office of Instruction and Program Development -- Pamela Taylor, currently assistant principal, Briggs Chaney Middle School, as administrative assistant to the associate superintendent.
* Office of Student and Community Services -- Jane Lai Mah Woodburn, currently staffing specialist, Division of Staffing, as administrative asistant to the associate superintendent.