The Board of Education met this evening [Monday, June 21] and approved the following administrative appointments:
* Dr. Frieda K. Lacey, current acting deputy superintendent of schools and chief of staff, as deputy superintendent of schools (replacing Dr. Gregory Thornton, who was appointed recently as chief academic officer of the School District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania).
* James G. Fernandez, currently principal, Julius West Middle School, as principal of Albert Einstein High School.
* Diantha R. Lay, currently principal intern at Diamond Elementary School, as principal of Sligo Creek Elementary School.
* Dr. Debra K. Mugge, currently assistant principal, Springbrook High School, as principal of Argyle Middle School.
* Susan J. Shenk, currently principal intern at Stone Mill Elementary School, as principal of Travilah Elementary School.
* Faith Connolly, currently instructor, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, as coordinator, Applied Research, Department of Shared Accountability.
* Dr. Daniel Curry-Corcoran, currently evaluation specialist, Department of Academic Accountability, as coordinator, Student Assessment, Department Shared Accountability.
* Scott DeGasperis, currently staff development teacher, Thomas W. Pyle Middle School, as magnet coordinator, Takoma Park Middle School.
* Dr. Peggy Dolet, currently consultant for About Women and Work, Bowie, Maryland, as human resources specialist, Office of Human Resources.