Parent and Community Involvement Opportunities → Central Office
Involvement Opportunities in the Central Office
Staff working in offices and departments in the school system’s central office have standing and ad hoc advisory committees and workgroups that include but are not limited to the development and implementation of curriculum, special programs, technology, policies, special education, testing, parent involvement, facility plans, boundary changes, and operational projects. For more information, please contact the following offices directly (brief description of the office function is included):
- Office of the Chief Academic Officer: All matters relating to management of schools, development and implementation of curriculum, instruction and support of students, program evaluation, and staff development, plus family and community outreach
- Office of the Chief Operating Officer: All matters relating to non-instructional school system operations, including budget, transportation, hiring, technology, facilities etc.
- Office of School Support and Improvement: School performance and management
- Office of Special Education and Student Services: Special education, international admissions, school counseling, psychological services, etc.
- Office of Shared Accountability: Testing, surveys, data collection, analysis and reports
- Office of Curriculum and Instructional Programs: curriculum, ESOL, special programs (magnet, gifted, immersion, etc.), career and technology, etc.
- Office of Human Resources: hiring
- Office of the Chief Technology Officer: computing, technology, business and student systems