Web Services → About → Web Services Overview
Web Services Overview
What is the MCPS Web?
The MCPS Web consists of servers at Carver Educational Services Center (CESC) in Rockville, Maryland, that host content for schools and offices. The servers are managed by the Web Services Team and the Office of the Chief Technology Officer.
The Web site is composed of many smaller sites representing schools and offices, most with their own webmasters. Principals and office administrators are responsible for content published to their sites.
What is the purpose of the MCPS Web?
The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) Web site exists to inform the community about and to engage it in our joint mission to provide a high-quality education to all children. We use the site to publish as much information about MCPS as possible and to enhance two-way communication between the district and community.
Specifically, the site exists to— provide information to staff, students, parents, and community members; collect data and enable users to search and display data; display student work; and provide information and materials for curriculum and instruction in various disciplines.
How does the Web Services Team support the Web?
- Hosting: We manage and maintain the servers to ensure optimal performance and security as well as back up data.
- Publishing Tools and Utilities | Web Applications: We create and supply technologies and tools that facilitate Web publishing, enhance productivity, and promote interactivity.
- MCPS Web Template: We create the site template and information architecture.
- We update the home page and other critical pages.
- Webmaster Training: We offer support and training to schools and offices with questions about Web publishing and development.
- Site snapshot