School Counselor of the Year Awards Program
The School Counselor of the Year Awards Program honors the best of the best—one school counselor from every level (elementary, middle, and high school).
Eligibility for Consideration
- The nominee must be an active Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) school counselor with at least three years experience in MCPS. At least one year must be at the level they are currently working.
- An MCPS administrator, staff member, parent/guardian, or student may nominate the counselor.
- Nominees must demonstrate evidence of strong leadership and outstanding implementation of the MCPS Counseling Standards involving the academic, career, personal/interpersonal, and healthy development of all students. Preferably, evidence should have been demonstrated within the last three years.
Five Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be counselors who:
- understand the individual needs of students, encourage their talents, and foster their self-esteem through a comprehensive counseling program;
- demonstrate outstanding leadership;
- foster collaborative relationships with colleagues, students and their families, and the community to promote student achievement;
- instill in students a desire to learn and achieve while advocating for equity; and
- utilize data in order to drive decision making.
2017 Guidelines and Application for the School Counselor of the Year Awards Program
2017 School Counselor of the Year Award Program Flyer
^ Back to Top