ACG, Access to Employment, Services, Programs, and Activities by Individuals with Disabilities
About this Policy
Last revised: October 11, 2011
- To provide a clear and comprehensive mandate for the prohibition and elimination of any unlawful discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- To affirm a strong commitment to the goals of the Americans With Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA), as well as other applicable laws as they relate to employees, job applicants, and access to the school system’s facilities and services by members of the public with disabilities. This policy is to be construed to comport with the ADAAA and its implementing regulations including 28 CFR 35-137 Mobility Devices.
- To affirm to the citizens of the county, to staff of Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), and to students that MCPS is committed to the participation of such individuals in the life and work of the schools in accordance with applicable laws.
- To affirm that present policies and regulations will be administered to ensure that the rights of individuals with disabilities will be upheld in MCPS, consistent with the long-standing interest on the part of the Montgomery County Board of Education (Board) and MCPS in prohibiting discrimination against and in promoting affirmative action in employment and reassignment for individuals with disabilities.
- To affirm that MCPS will not discriminate on the basis of disability against any qualified individual with a disability with respect to participating in or benefiting from MCPS services.
- To declare that MCPS will not deny, on the basis of disability, a qualified individual with a disability the opportunity to participate as a member of planning or advisory boards or committees.