Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Human Resources and Development  → Transfer Information → Requesting Changes in Hours

Teachers Requesting Changes in Hours

Part-time teachers seeking full-time positions and full-time teachers seeking part-time positions must apply to the appropriate requisition using MCPS Careers.

  • Log in to MCPS Careers using your Outlook user name and password
  • Search for the appropriate advertisement (Teachers: Change in hours, Part-time to full-time or Teachers: Change in hours, Full-time to part-time)
  • Read the description carefully before applying. 
  • Applying indicates a request to change hours; it is not guaranteed.


Changing from part- to full or full- to part-time (See p.66, Article 28):  Teachers seeking a change of hours (i.e. part-time to full-time) may not be considered until all full-time or part-time involuntarily transferred teachers have been assigned.

Click here to log in