Human Resources and Development → Substitute Employee Management System
An updated version of SEMS was implemented on June 22, 2018, resulting in the following changes:
A new telephone number, 301-298-2864.
A new web address, https://montgomerycountymd.eschoolsolutions.com.
Note: Existing users will remain registered and continue to use their current Outlook login name and password. Additional information highlighting the changes are on this flyer that can be printed for reference.
The Substitute Employee Management System is accessible by telephone and Web and allows teachers, school administrators, school administrative secretaries/timekeepers, and special education paraeducators to enter absences and substitutes to obtain job assignments. All users can review past and future jobs.
Teachers and Special Education Paraeducators:
ALL teachers and special education paraeducators should use the substitute’s Employee ID Number (EIN) when prearranging a substitute for an assignment. If you do not have the substitute’s EIN, you can use the Name Look Up tab.
Substitute System Telephone Number 301-298-2864
1. Enter your Employee ID Number as your Access ID followed by the star (*) key.
2. When asked for your PIN, enter your Employee ID Number again followed by the star (*) key.
3. Record your name followed by the star (*) key.
4. Next you will hear your primary location and classification.
5. You will be asked to select a new PIN. Enter a PIN that is at least six (6) digits in length and no more than nine (9) digits followed by the star (*) key.
If you need assistance, please consult these user guides:
If you have forgotten your Outlook Password, please go to the myID website at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/myid/ and follow the directions to retrieve or reset your password.
For assistance with technical issues, contact the MCPS Technical Help Desk at 301-517-5800, or visit http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/helpdesk/.
For assistance with your PIN number via the telephone, contact the MCPS Substitute Office at 301-279-3280.