Assistant Principal (All Levels)
EXTERNAL Applicants Only
Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) with 206 schools - 37 of them National Blue Ribbon Schools - serves more than 159,000 students. Over 13,200 teachers instruct students from 157 countries. The 17th largest district in the United States, MCPS is a diverse school system that borders the nation’s capital. MCPS is well known for its innovation and high standards, has been recognized nationally for its progress in narrowing the achievement gap, was one of five national finalists for the 2010 Broad Prize for Urban Education, and is recipient of the 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The Office of Human Resources and Development will accept applications for the Assistant Principal Pool beginning June 15, 2018, through August 15, 2018.
Please visit MCPS Careers and apply to the "Applicant Pool - Assistant Principal."
Candidates must have three years of experience as an assistant principal in a public or private school system and a minimum of five years successful teaching experience.
The optimal candidate will be able to:
- articulate and promote a vision of teaching and learning that affirms academic success for every student is achievable,
- implement effective instructional programs based on analysis of student results,
- collaborate well with culturally diverse students and communities, and
- create a positive work and school environment for staff, students, and parents
Must meet Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) certification requirements for Administrator I. For further information regarding certification requirements, please contact MSDE at 410-767-0412 or click here.
AP/ASA Applicant Pool Process
Click here for AP/ASA Applicant Pool Process 2018-2019
To be considered for an Assistant Principal position, you must attach to your MCPS Careers profile the following:
- Letter of interest, including level (elementary, middle, or high) addressed to the Associate Superintendent, Office of Human Resources and Development
- Resume demonstrating at least three years of successful experience as an assistant principal in a public or private school system and a minimum of five years successful teaching experience
- Maryland’s Certificate of Administrator I
- Transcripts with degree conferred (should be uploaded to your MCPS Careers profile)
- Three reference forms from principals and supervisors (one must be from current principal/supervisor) to be emailed directly to the Administrative Staffing Department at AdminStaffing@mcpsmd.org by the person completing the reference form (MCPS form 445-25). Please submit reference forms only after you have applied on MCPS Careers.
For more information about the application process, please email Angie Fish at Angie_L_Fish@mcpsmd.org.