Relocation, Packing and Moving Guidelines
Following these guidelines will ensure the successful completion of your move. Contact DMM if you have further questions or concerns. Communication is key!
- Begin NOW to review storerooms and remove unnecessary items.
- Vertical File Cabinets DO NOT have to be emptied.
- Lateral File Cabinets must be emptied.
- If you do NOT have file cabinet keys... put masking tape around the lock to prevent accidental locking of the unit.
- If you are returning to a modernized facility from a holding facility your files will be transferred to new file cabinets upon your arrival.
- Office desks must be emptied and contents packed.
- Bookcases must be emptied and contents packed.
- Box all materials and label the SIDE (not top) of each box with staff name.
- Tag all equipment with staff name.
- **Do NOT use box labels on furniture or equipment! They don't peel off!**
- Tape, boxes and box labels are available upon request.
- Copiers must be serviced for a move. BCE will move them. We will coordinate the timing of the move with the vendor.
- Wrap cords and assign a system number to each computer and all equipment belonging to each system (i.e. monitor, hard drive, printer, etc.)
- Vending machines (not MCPS owned) must be moved by company.
- Staff members should move their own personal items. We will move any remaining personal items, but we can NOT be responsible for them.
- The media collection will be moved on carts... DO NOT PACK!
- The Division of Maintenance will assist you with the disconnection of any furniture and/or equipment as needed for relocation.
- Label all items to be moved.
Summer Teacher Transfer Assistance