About this Form
Form number: 280-49a
Audience: Consultants, MCPS Staff
Last revised: March 2017
Form 281-49A - Attachment for MCPS Form 280-49A (IAF Funds)
Form 280-49 - Authorization for Consultant/Independent Contractor (Vendor) Services
This form is used to authorize the use of Independent Activity Funds (IAF) to pay for consultant/independent contractor (vendor) services. (See MCPS Regulation DJA-RA, Procurement of Equipment, Supplies, and Services, MCPS Regulation GCA-RA, Employee Conflict of Interest, and Chapter 15 of the MCPS Financial Manual, Consultants and Independent Contractors found on myMCPS.)
• THIS FORM IS REQUIRED (in lieu of Form 280-54) to document authorization/approval for all consultant/independent contractor services paid with IAF, regardless of the amount due for services, EXCEPT when contracting with vendors from the MCPS Approved Carrier list, posted on myMCPS.
• Do not use this form for payment to MCPS employees or approved bus carriers.
• If payment due for the vendor’s services is $1,500 or more, a purchase order is also required, EXCEPT when contracting with MCPD police officers for high school event security.
• This authorization process should be initiated at least 15 business days prior to the anticipated start of work to allow sufficient time for processing. Vendor Verification (Part V) must be completed and the form returned to the Financial Agent BEFORE work can begin.
• Refer to Page 4 of this form for detailed instructions.
Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher. Get Acrobat