About this Form
Form number: 475-1
Audience: MCEA Members, MCPS Staff, Teachers
Last revised: May 2016
To advance to the M/MEQ, M+30/MEQ+30 and M+60/MEQ+60 salary schedules, it is necessary to submit this form (faxes are not acceptable) to the Office of Human Resources and Development/Certification Unit.
- This form is only to be used when you believe you qualify for a salary lane change, or salary advancement. To add additional coursework to your certification records, please see the instructions on the Submitting Official Transcripts, MSDE CPD Credits Slips and Other Documentation information page. www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/personnel/certification/info/submitting-transcripts.aspx.
- This original signed form must be submitted to the Certification Unit. Requests cannot be sent via fax or e-mail.
- Requests are processed after receipt of all required official documents (i.e., transcripts and Form 475-1). MCPS Continued Professional Development (CPD) grade slips are provided to the Certification Unit; however, college/university course and outside MSDE CPD courses must be submitted.
- College/university courses must be submitted on official transcripts.
- Digital transcripts must be submitted directly to a Certification Unit staff member from the transcript provider (e.g, Parchment, EScrip, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.)
- Outside MSDE CPD courses must be submitted to the MCPS CPD liaison for signature, then an original is provided to the Certification Unit.
- Salary lane changes will be effective no later than the second pay period after all documentation has been received and verified by the Certification Unit. Refer to the Salary lane change effective dates (PDF) on the Salary Advancement Information.
- Educators who qualify for salary advancement (also known as salary lane change) will receive a one-time lump sum payment of $1,200 (prorated for part-time educators).
Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher. Get Acrobat