About this Form
Form number: 560-51A
Last revised: August 2016
Community organizations interested in being preapproved for student service learning (SSL) activities in Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) must agree to the following guidelines:
• Attend training on SSL procedures provided by MCPS every three years.
• Register with the Montgomery County Volunteer Center (MCVC) and provide updates when requested.
• Demonstrate coverage of general liability insurance and renew annually.
• Provide *secular activities (*Please read the complete clarification on SSL Guidelines for Faith Organizations in the Community document, found on the MCVC website)
• Advise students of the need that will be addressed, overall expectations, and safety information.
• Cover the SSL phases of preparation, action, and reflection.
• Supervise all activities in public places. SSL hours are not awarded for door-to-door neighborhood canvassing of any kind or telephone solicitation for financial donations.
• Maintain log and verify service on MCPS Form 560-51, Student Service Learning Activity Verification according to program timelines.
• Award one (1) SSL hour for every hour of service, not exceeding eight (8) hours within a 24-hour period.
• Comply with federal, state and local laws and Board of Education policy, that forbid discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical characteristics, or disability.
• Prohibit verbal abuse, threats, physical violence or sexual harassment directed against others.
Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or higher. Get Acrobat