All overtime worked by building service employees requires approval from the appropriate building service supervisor and completion of an official overtime form.
Time Reporting for CUPF Activities
- Regular building service employees who work overtime for a Community Use of Public Facility activity on the WEEKEND, please record overtime as "OUP".
- Regular building service employees who work overtime during the week for a Community Use of Public Facility activity, record overtime as "OTR". CUPF does not reimburse MCPS for building use during the week, which includes Friday. This is because there is already sufficient staff to cover evening activities.
- ICB building service employees who work overtime past the normally scheduled hours on the weekend are to record overtime as "OTR".
- ICB building service employees who work overtime during the week for MCPS should record these hours as "OTP" and the timekeeper should email Usha Arora in order to make the necessary accounting adjustments to the proper overtime accounts.
- Weather emergencies: All building service personnel are designated as "emergency personnel" and are REQUIRED to report to work unless otherwise designated. Record overtime as "EDW" in the event of a system-wide closing. If only schools are closed, but not ADMINISTRATIVE offices, no overtime should be recorded.
- Early Closing/Delayed Opening: In the event of a delayed opening overtime should be recorded only for those building service employees that work on the FIRST shift and should be recorded for "DEC" for only 1 (one) hour. In the event of an early closing, only the second shift building service employees who were on duty at the time of the early dismissal will record "DEC" for only 1 (one) hour.
- Holidays: Regular Building Service Employees who work overtime on a holiday should record overtime as "WOH". This is the only pay code the Lawson System will accept.
- Holidays: ICB Building Service Employees who work overtime on a holiday should record overtime as "HRR" Holiday Regular Rate.
- Holidays: Regular and ICB Building Service Employees who work ICB overtime on a holiday should record overtime as "WIH" Worked on Holiday.
Timekeepers- please do not record overtime if you do not have the proper authorization forms. Refer any questions to either Usha Arora or Dianne Jones at the Division of School Plant Operations, 240.314.1075.
^ Back to Top