Do you have a gambling problem?
- Do you lose time from work due to gambling?
- Does gambling make your home life unhappy?
- Does gambling affect your reputation?
- Do you ever feel remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or to otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing, do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win, do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last dollar is gone?
- Do you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Do you ever sell anything to finance your gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling make you careless about the welfare of your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Do you ever gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance your gambling?
- Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Do you have an urge to celebrate good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Do you ever consider self-destruction as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive gamblers will answer yes to at least seven of these questions.
If you are concerned that you might have a gambling problem, we encourage you to contact the EAP at 240-314-1040.