About the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Referral to outside agencies and counselors
- Short-term counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Consultation and information
- Relapse prevention groups
- Follow up services
- Workshops to employees
Information concerning an employee's or family member's use of the EAP will not be given to anyone outside of the EAP without the written consent of the individual, except as required by law or as described below and will not be made a part of the employee's personnel record.
- If EAP staff believe the client presents a danger to him/herself or another individual, the EAP may disclose information to prevent harm.
- EAP staff are required by law to report suspicion of child abuse or neglect as well as the neglect, abuse, or exploitation of vulnerable adults.
- If an employee utilizing a commercial drivers license in the course of his/her work poses danger to the safety of students or the community, information may be disclosed to prevent harm to others.
There are no fees for EAP services, but sometimes individuals are referred to resources outside the EAP. If a referral to a community resource is recommended, it will be based on the most appropriate service at the least possible cost to you. Employee's health insurance will be considered in order to keep costs to a minimum.
When and Where to Access Services
Services are available by appointment
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The MCPS EAP
45 W. Gude Dr, Suite 1300
Rockville, MD 20850