Scheduled for July 10 through August 11, 2017
The Summer Title I Enrichment Program (ELO STEP) is helping to keep nearly 1220 students in 21 elementary schools learning and engaged over the summer. This free five-week program is for students in third, fourth, and fifth grades who attend a Title I school and meet specific selection criteria. ELO STEP is designed to nurture critical and creative thinking skills through engaging hands-on rigorous instruction.
The ELO STEP program seeks to:
- provide advanced pathways for students
- engage students in complex texts and tasks aligned to Common Core
- nurture critical thinking skills
- stimulate students through a rigorous environment
- allow students to take risks in academic situations
- expose students to specialized instructional materials that are recommended by the National Association for Gifted Children
Montgomery County Public Schools will provide free bus transportation to and from the program from established neighborhood bus stops. Breakfast and lunch will be served to each child.
Participating Title I Elementary Schools
For additional information, feel free to contact Kurshanna Johnson at 301-279-3163