Scheduled for July 9 through August 10, 2018
The Summer Title I Enrichment Program (ELO STEP) will provide an opportunity for traditionally underrepresented students to have increased access to advanced programming in Curriculum 2.0 acceleration and enrichment, advanced mathematics, and center programs. It will be available to 1,100 students in third, fourth, and fifth grades who are enrolled in a Title I school and meet specific selection criteria. This free five-week program is designed to nurture critical and creative thinking skills through engaging, hands-on, rigorous instruction, and will use the infrastructure for the Extended Learning Opportunities Summer Adventures in Learning (ELO SAIL) program.
The ELO STEP program seeks to:
- provide advanced pathways for students
- engage students in complex texts and tasks aligned to Common Core
- nurture critical thinking skills
- stimulate students through a rigorous environment
- allow students to take risks in academic situations
- expose students to specialized in instructional materials that are recommended by the National Association for Gifted Children
Montgomery County Public Schools will provide free bus transportation to and from the program from established neighborhood bus stops. Breakfast and lunch will be served to each child.
Participating Title I Elementary Schools
For additional information, please contact 240-740-4600 or TitleI@mcpsmd.org