The Program Budget on page 266-68 discusses the Services for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. On page 268 it indicates an increase of 11.8 special education teachers and 19.25 paraeducators. Please provide additional information as to how these positions will be allocated. Are these teachers being dedicated to autism program and if so, at what level (ES, MS, HS)?
BUDGET PAGE REFERENCE: 266-268
Staff will be reviewing the most up-to-date enrollment projections prior to making final decisions on staffing allocations in late February. At this time, it is expected that the additional 11.8 special education teacher and 19.25 paraeducator positions included in the FY 2013 operating budget to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorders will be allocated as follows:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) classes in elementary and middle schools will receive an additional 2.0 special education teacher positions and 3.5 paraeducator positions.
- Elementary, middle, and high schools will receive 2.8 special education teacher and 4.9 paraeducator positions to support students with Aspergers.
- Two middle schools will increase their grade level services and will receive an additional 2.0 teacher and 3.5 paraeducator positions.
- Three high schools will receive an additional 4.0 special education teacher and 5.6 paraeducator positions to support Grade 9 students with ASD who will receive autism resource services.
- Autism PreK will receive an additional allocation of 1.0 teacher and 1.75 paraeducator positions.