Athletics → Middle School Athletics
Middle School Athletics
The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle school interscholastic athletics program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional and intramural programs for students in grades 7 and 8. Although the athletics program offers a higher level of competition, its’ primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all students with interests and/or talents in athletics.
The middle school interscholastic athletics program operates under the jurisdiction of the Montgomery County Public Middle School Principals Association. Jeffrey K. Sullivan, Athletics Specialist in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, is responsible for the administration of the program and development of schedules and standards.
The following links provide additional information about Middle School Athletics, what is needed to participate, and who to contact.
- Forms - Includes Parent Permission, Physical, Medical Card, Baseline Testing, Concussions, and ECA Fee forms and information
- Health and Safety - Includes additional information about Concussions, Heat, Hydration, MRSA, Performance Enhancing Substances, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Hazing, and Emergency Plans
- Middle School Information
- Middle Schools List - Includes Athletic Coordinator Contact Information and School Colors
- Middle School Contacts - Includes Athletic Coordinator Contact
- Middle School Evaluation Forms for Athletic Coordinators and Coaches:
- Schedules - Includes schedules for the following sports:
- Basketball - Boys and Girls (Winter)
- Cross Country - Coed (Fall)
- Soccer - Boys and Girls (Spring)
- Softball - Boys and Girls (Fall)