Middle School Magnet Program and Admissions Information
Roberto Clemente Middle School Programs:
- Information Meeting: October
12, 7 pm at Roberto Clemente Middle School
- Application forms & sample test questions for current Grade 5 students eligible for programs at Roberto Clemente Middle School (high school clusters: Clarksburg, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Magruder, Northwest, Poolesville, Quince Orchard, Seneca Valley, or Watkins Mill
- Timeline and FAQs
- Magnet test date is January 6,
2018 at Clemente MS
- Due date for application is November 3,
Eastern and Takoma Park Middle Schools Programs*:
- Information Meeting VIDEO and PowerPoint presentation (from October
12, 7:30 p.m., Montgomery Blair High School Auditorium)
- BOE was updated that both Eastern and Takoma Park MS will be part of a middle school magnet field test*
- Current MCPS Grade 5 students who are part of these schools admission feeder* will be centrally reviewed -- NO application necessary
- Timeline and FAQs
- Magnet test will be in early January.
- The central review process for Grade 5 students in the
Eastern and Takoma Park Middle Schools catchment area has been conducted.
Parent information results will be mailed by 12/8/2017. If you have
not received information by 12/12/2017, contact your school counselor.
Private school parents: Please read this document and complete application form on page 2 by December 1, 2017.
*Elementary schools in the following high school clusters are part of the field test: Bethesda Chevy-Chase, Winston Churchill, Downcounty Consortium, Walter Johnson, Richard Montgomery, Northeast Consortium, Rockville, Sherwood, Walt Whitman and Thomas Wootton High Schools
Who is this information for?
The documents and information listed are for Grade 5 students considering these programs
More information: Contact Division of Consortia Choice and Application Program Services, at 240-740-2540.
Updated November 17, 2017