Accommodations on Tests
College Board Tests
To be eligible for accommodations on College Board tests like the PSAT or SAT, a student must:
- have a disability that necessitates testing accommodations;
- receive and use the requested accommodations for school-based tests due to the disability; and
- have documentation on file at school that supports the need for the requested accommodations and meets the College Board Guidelines for Documentation.
To be approved by the College Board for accommodations on College Board tests, students must submit a Student Eligibility Form to the College Board. Students are encouraged to complete the Student Eligibility Form well in advance of the first College Board test they plan to take.
- A Student Eligibility Form submitted through Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) must be mailed by MCPS and postmarked no later than five weeks prior to the test date.
- A Student Eligibility Form submitted by the student or parent directly to the College Board must be postmarked no later than seven weeks prior to the test date.
SAT Special Needs Testing Locations:
MCPS provides a central testing site for most students pre-approved for accommodations on the SAT. Students requiring the use of a reader and/or writer will test at his/her home school.
For additional information, contact Sue Hartung at Walter Johnson High School, 301-571-6920.
The 2017-2018 test dates are:
- October 7
- November 4
- December 2
- March 10
- May 5
- June 2
For more detailed information, including information on the College Board’s deadlines, visit Standardized Testing.