Is Academy of Information Technology for You?
- Do you enjoy computers and computer-related technologies?
- Are you motivated to earn college credit and possibly work in an internship while in high school?
- Have the time to commit to the extra-curricular activities for AOIT at your high school?
- Interested in IT or an IT-related career field?
About the Program
Academy of Information Technology (AOIT), a
member program of the National Academy Foundation provides a college preparatory program of study
that introduces students to the broad career opportunities in today's digital
workforce and equips them with the personal, analytical, technical and
communication skills they need to thrive. Its missions is to prepare students to be successful in future careers in information technology. There are three possible pathways in AOIT: Computer Programming, Information Resource Design and Networking. The AOIT is supported by an Advisory Board of professionals who serve as mentors, speakers and curriculum advisers as well as helping to provide scholarship and internship opportunities.
AOIT Programs of Study Pathways
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- Articulation Agreement : Earn three college credits at Montgomery College through the MCPS articulation agreement by earning a B or higher in the articulated courses and completing the entire high school plan.
How to receive articulated credit from AOIT
- Complete Work Based Learning Experience prior to graduation and work with industry business partners and other professionals during coursework.
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program