Is Hospitality Management for You?
- Do you enjoy working with a variety of people?
- Are you interested in learning about culinary arts and food service management skills?
- Do you want to explore global cultures and traditions related to the development of international cuisines?
- Do you want to experience authentic, work-based learning experiences?
- Do you want to learn about operating a business?
- Do you want to earn industry-recognized certifications?
About the Program
Pursue your interests in restaurant, food service, hospitality, and related careers. Gain proficiency in in culinary, work-based, and management skills using the ProStart Curriculum from the National Restaurant Association. Learn to work with a variety of customers and be mentored by industry professionals during internship experiences. Refine your culinary and food service skills as you prepare for industry-recognized certifications.
Sample Course Plan for Hospitality Management
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- Articulation Agreement : Earn one college credit at Montgomery College through the MCPS articulation agreement by earning a B or higher in the articulated courses and completing the entire high school plan.
How to receive articulated credit from Hospitality Management
- Complete Work Based Learning Experience prior to graduation and work with industry business partners and other professionals during coursework.
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program