Is Academy of Finance for You?
- Do you want to learn about entrepreneurship?
- Are you interested in banking and credit?
- Do you plan your money before you spend it by preparing a budget?
- Do you want to be prepared for the latest in the financial industry?
About the Program
The Academy of Finance connects high school students with the world of financial services and personal finance, offering a curriculum that covers banking and credit, financial planning, global finance, securities, insurance, accounting, and economics. The Academy of Finance curriculum and certification is validated by the Council for Economic Education.
Sample Course Plan for Academy of Finance
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- Articulation Agreement : Earn three college credits at Montgomery College through the MCPS articulation agreement by earning a B or higher in the articulated courses and completing the entire high school plan.
How to receive articulated credit from AOF
- Complete Work Based Learning Experience prior to graduation and work with industry business partners and other professionals during coursework.
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program