Is Electricity for You?
- Do you like exercising your brain, while working with your hands?
- Do you like to figure out how things work?
- Do you play with electronics at home?
- Do you like to read blueprints and design systems?
About the Program
The Construction Electricity program provides students with opportunities to learn about the residential and commercial building industry. Participants master a variety of electrical skills and develop workplace competencies through authentic experiences. Students apply their knowledge and skills to the student-built house project. Students who complete this program are eligible to receive credit at Montgomery College in the Construction Technology program, as well as industry recognized credentials through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Sample Course Plan for Electricity
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Certification
- OSHA-10 Certification
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program