Is Cisco Academy for You?
Cisco Networking Academy identifies and develops the skills people and businesses need to thrive in a changing economy by working with educators, employers, and technology experts to create courses that prepare students for the future.
- More than 9000 educational institutions use our curriculum to enhance their academic and career development programs.
- Employers worldwide recognize the quality of the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum in preparing students for entry-level IT jobs.
- More than 1 million students participate each year, and 1.2 million students obtained new jobs between 2005 and 2013.
About the Program
A high demand for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Networking careers makes this program attractive for many students. ICT networking professionals enjoy more job opportunities and career growth then those in many other sectors. Technology continues to grow and evolve at exponential raters: internet security, social networking, cloud computing and other areas demand millions of professionals around the world. This Program of Study contains a minimum of four credits in computer science and networking as well as a capstone experience such as an internship or a college course option. Hands-on laboratory experiences train students as entry-level technicians in the field of IT, and for advanced studies in Engineering and IT in colleges, universities, and the military.
Cisco Academy Pathway POS
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- Articulation Agreement : Earn three college credits at Montgomery College through the MCPS articulation agreement by earning a B or higher in the articulated courses and completing the entire high school plan.
How to receive articulated credit from Cisco Academy
- Complete Work Based Learning Experience prior to graduation and work with industry business partners and other professionals during coursework.
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program