Board of Education Meeting March 26, 2012
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
Full Agenda (PDF)
- Acknowledgement of a Quorum
- Approval of the Agenda
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- Human Resources Appointments
- Restructuring Plans for Forest oak and Neelsville Middle Schools
- The Board heard a presentation and approved restructuring plans for Forest Oak and Neelsville middle schools, which will now be reviewed by the state. Under the federal No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), schools in Year 4 of improvement must develop two-year alternative governance plans to address student and teacher needs. Both Forest Oak and Neelsville middle schools currently are in the process of finalizing plans to meet this mandate. The alternative governance plans for Forest Oak and Neelsville will be submitted to the Maryland State Department of Education for feedback in April. The restructuring plans involve a wide array of programmatic and curricular improvements, all supported by strong professional development and community engagement. Read the Board memo
- Board of Education Items
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
How to Watch by Agenda Item
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
- Click on agenda item
- Click on "Watch Now" button to view video of that item (Internet Explorer only)
- Summary will appear if available
- To hide summary, click agenda item again
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose
the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch.
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think