Board of Education Meeting: August 26, 2010
Watch Meeting by Agenda Item
- Click on agenda item
- Click on "Watch Now" button to view video of that item (Internet Explorer only)
- Summary will appear if available
- To hide summary, click agenda item again
Full Agenda (PDF)
- Approval of the Agenda; In Appreciation of Stephen N. Abrams
The Board of Education passed a resolution expressing appreciation for Stephen N. Abrams, who died August 1, 2010. Mr. Abrams served three terms on the Montgomery County Board of Education, from 1992–1996, 1998–2002, and 2004–2008. Both as a Board member and afterwards, Mr. Abrams was a strong advocate for Montgomery County students and staff and a believer in enhancing the academic ability of all children. Mr. Abrams was recognized as being a forward-looking, out-of-the-box thinker who was able to analyze issues from every side and spark meaningful discussions about structural changes in education.
- Public Comments
- Board/Superintendent Comments
- Consent Items
- Human Resources Appointments
The Board approved the appointments of the following administrator:
- Marjorie D. Lope, currently acting supervisor, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction, as supervisor, Division of Accelerated and Enriched Instruction
- Readiness for Opening Schools
- The Board of Education heard oral reports from various offices at Montgomery County Public Schools regarding the district's readiness for the first day of school.
- Board of Education Items
- Items of Information
This meeting is streamed in Windows Media format.
Get Windows Media
Internet Explorer: Click on an agenda item to go to that segment of the video.
Firefox/Opera: Right click on the video player, select file markers, and then choose the segment you want to watch.
Mac Users: In stand-alone player, select view, file markers, and choose the segment you want to watch. Launch stand-alone player
Technical problems: Contact Webmaster
Feedback: Tell us what you think
Updated September 22, 2010 | Maintained by Web Services